Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Brunch

Valentine's day brunch was a blast this weekend, but in all the madness, I didn't get a chance to take many photos. 









I made cinnamon buttermilk donuts- half with glaze, and half with chocolate. I didn't realize I was out of heart sprinkles until the last second, so my donuts were unfortunately lacking in heart decor.
Everyone got into the spirit- there were pink, red, and heart-covered outfits galore! We enjoyed Adam's fantastic bloody marys, and champagne with strawberries.




We made french toast topped with a raspberry sauce and walnuts, corned beef hash over skillet-style hash browns, and of course, pancakes. 






After brunch, we cleared the table, changed into some tougher gear, and spent the rest of the day playing Nerf capture the flag. Since my friends occupy all three floors of our house, we have a lot of room to play! This started as a spontaneous plan to kick our cabin fever last winter, and we've been hosting huge battles ever since.


Is there a better way to show your friends you love them than chasing them around and shooting darts at them?

No comments:

Post a Comment