Thursday, February 9, 2012

heart party!

I've spent the last couple night preparing the decorations for our Valentine's Day brunch. Last night I was sitting at the table surrounded by scraps of paper and a hundred glittery hearts when Adam finally declared I had made too many decorations. I pointed out that they were mostly just paper hearts, and one can never have too many of those. Argument over: Angela = 1, Adam = 0. 



This streamer curtain is made from materials recycled from all my parties over the past year. I made the tissue garland and the floral fabric streamers for my birthday party, the hot pink ribbon and lace was from Serra's engagement brunch, the neon yarn was for Christmas wrapping, and the metallic tinsel is cut from a curtain I used for the New Year's party. 




My breakfast / pastry table will be on the credenza, but I still had to decorate it for the time being!



Heart balloons! I looked ridiculous driving my pickup truck while the back was completely jammed with these fantastic shiny hearts.





The food is practically part of the decorations, so I kept the table simple with a lace runner and... (of course) paper hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment