Sunday, May 13, 2012

AJ's Going Away Funeral

My best friend moved out of my house and left for Milwaukee this Saturday. I figured we should throw one last theme party before he left, so I hosted a backyard funeral for him on Friday night. 


Ben, my coworker, built the coffin, and AJ's vintage casket stand (which he uses as a coffee table) came in handy for the base. The funeral flowers were picked up from a funeral home after the morning ceremonies were complete, so they were completely free! 









 I set up a slideshow of photos of AJ on a projector behind the casket, and I made sure to include as many embarrassing photos as possible.
 All the guests wore black, of course, but the crowd favorite rode in on a tandem bike wearing a spandex skeleton suit.



Jeremiah, AJ's roomate, read a hilarious eulogy while AJ sat in the casket. Afterwards, the house residents lined up for a 21 gun salute. The seven of us fired off three shots each from our nerf guns, in honor of the epic nerf battles we've enjoyed together. The party continued until 4am, and ended with as much crying as a real funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment