Sunday, March 25, 2012

back from Canada!


I've been in Canada for work for the last two weeks, and relatively cut off from the world. I had five days off when I returned home, and as luck would have it, the weather in Chicago was unreal- 85 degrees and sunny for four out of the five. I spent the weekend catching up with friends and helping Serra, my future sister-in-law, prepare for her upcoming wedding. 



Energized by our standard Saturday breakfast trifecta of mimosas, chicory coffee, and banana pancakes, we cranked out Serra's remaining save the dates in no time.




Wedding anxiety struck as we were shopping for craft supplies, so I bought Serra a sequined bride crown which she rocked for the rest of the day. We also picked up a pair of retractable lightsabers to relieve any future wedding stress.



Adam whipped up some smoky mezcal margeritas for us, using our new favorite recipe from Rick Bayless. To make these at home, mix 1 ounce Mezcal, 1/2 ounce Don Pedro brandy, 1 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice, 3/4 ounce simple syrup, and 3 dashes Peychaud's Bitters. Rim the glass with some coarse sea salt, and get ready to make more. They go fast!



We spent the rest of the afternoon working on any motorcycles that weren't running after the winter. Jerry's Yamaha V-Star was first up.



My Triumph Scrambler, Adam's Ducati GT1000, and Mark's Triumph Speed Triple were running just fine!



This '73 Honda Scrambler was my first bike. Its a wee little 175, and I've had it for six years now. After a new front tire and a new battery, we were spinning around the block on it like it was new! 



I love this little bike like crazy, and its the only motorcycle I own that doesn't require standing on tiptoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment