Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a solid christmas haul

This was definitely the Christmas of shoes in my family. I bought some for Adam, my mother bought some for me, my father bought some for her...and I bought some for myself, of course. I was so excited about the gifts I received this year that I tried to use/wear all of them the day after Christmas. This involved a lot of costume changes, a lot of pancakes, and way too much champagne.


Adam picked up this amazing mink skull necklace, and my mother gave me these Jeffrey Campbell's which I cannot stop wearing.

I was pretty happy we hadn't seen snow in Chicago until I got these Sorel snowboots. My very wise friend Bree gave me this Noble maple syrup, aged in bourbon barrels. You don't even need pancakes to eat it- its that good. For breakfast, I made pancakes with homemade cinnamon butter and this syrup, and I could have that same meal for a week straight. My parents gave Adam a handmade leather case, embossed with a T, to transport two extra-special scotch glasses.
I think everyone has figured out I like sparkly things. The change purse sheds glitter, so every time I open my bag, its an instant party!
Serra found these amazing vintage champagne glasses at Brimfield, in Andersonville, which might be my favorite store of all time. My cousin gave me a whole case of the vintage-looking Frostie sodas- the labels on these are so rad and festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment